From Europe to the entire world
The success story of the Local Hero brands outside of Germany started with the Greek company Pitsos A.E. BSH acquired a majority share in the market leader for cooling appliances in Greece in 1976.
Thanks to the excellent potential and promising growth rates of the Turkish home appliance market, the then second largest home appliance provider in Turkey became part of BSH in 1995. The established Profilo brand proved to be extremely popular with customers.
BSH expanded into the American continent in parallel in the 1990s. The Peruvian brand Coldex had been synonymous with quality and tradition for more than 50 years and was optimally positioned to meet the local needs of customers. The Thermador brand also embodied the values of U.S. culture and was synonymous with innovation, performance and timeless design from 1998.
The Spanish small appliances manufacturer Ufesa was also an ideal addition to the company. The brand was acquired by BSH in 1998 – coinciding with the expansion of BSH's Consumer Products division. After twenty years under the umbrella of BSH, the UFESA brand was sold again in 2018.
- BSH was founded in 1967 as Bosch-Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH - BSHG for short. In 1998, the name was changed to BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH, with the short form BSH. Since the sale of the Siemens shares in BSH to Robert Bosch GmbH the company’s name is now BSH Hausgeräte GmbH, but still BSH for short.
- BSH Corporate Archives, F-BSH-001, 40 Jahre BSH – Eine Chronik, Munich 2007 and BSH Corporate Archives, A01-000, Business Report 1976, pages 3-5.
- BSH Corporate Archives, A01-00, Business Report 1988, pages 2, 20 and BSH Corporate Archives, A01-00, Business Report 1989, pages 2-3.
- BSH Corporate Archives, A01-00, Business Report 1995, pages 5-7.
- BSH Corporate Archives, A01-00, Business Report 1996, page 8.
- BSH Corporate Archives, A01-00, Business Report 1998, page 6.
- BSH Corporate Archives, A01-00, Business Report 1998, pages 6, 14.