The Australia/Oceania Region
In 1978, BSH sent off a container filled with dishwashers from the Dillingen plant on its long journey to the other side of the world. The first container load of its kind, it reached its destination in Australia safe and sound. This anecdote shows how the Bosch and Siemens Hausgeräte brands were already being exported to Australia and New Zealand in the early decades after BSH was founded.
Five stars in Australia
The white goods of both BSH brands have since become established names in the region. Bosch dishwashers won an Australian energy-saving award in 1989. At the time, they were the only dishwashers on the Australian market to receive five (out of six possible) stars. The entry into the Chinese market in 1994 paved the way for further development in the Asia-Pacific region. This development was coordinated from Singapore. In 2004, two BSH subsidiaries were founded in Australia and New Zealand.  BSH Home Appliances Pty Ltd. is based in Clayton, Victoria. BSH Home Appliances Ltd. in Auckland is responsible for sales in New Zealand.
Follow the Sun
There is fierce competition in the Australian home appliance market. Nevertheless, BSH managed to triple its revenue between 2005 and 2015. One of the contributing factors to this success was the continuous improvement of the service offered by the Australian BSH subsidiary. In 2015, the “Follow the Sun” service project was established. This project provided 24/7 access, five days a week, to customer service in Australia. The moment the call center in Melbourne closes (6:00 p.m. local time, 3:00 p.m. on the west coast), colleagues in the UK take over the call center service. In turn, the BSH service employees in Australia support their colleagues in the UK when they are overloaded – primarily online. The number of service requests submitted via social media is on the increase.
- BSH was founded in 1967 as Bosch-Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH - BSHG for short. In 1998, the name was changed to BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH, with the new short form BSH. Since the sale of the Siemens shares in BSH to Robert Bosch GmbH the company’s name is now BSH Hausgeräte GmbH, but still BSH for short.
- BSH Group Archive, A05-0006, inform 1983/1, page 15.
- BSH Group Archive, A05-0012, inform 1989/3, page 11.
- The representative office was founded in 1996. It later became a subsidiary and eventually the Regional Headquarters. BSH Group Archive, A01-0013, Business Report 1995, page 6.
- BSH Group Archive, A05-00276, inform 2004/3, page 5.
- BSH Group Archive, A01-0016, Business Report 1998, page 10.
- BSH Group Archive, A01-0035, Business Report 2015, page 13.